Monday 23 May 2016

Foxes on the Woodside Link

 
 
 
The black poplar looks down on the road as the level rises steadily. 
 
Following reports of a fox with cubs I went out to look.
 
 
Well-camouflaged against the road a vixen looks around but she's safe today because it's Sunday.  I hope she's found enough food in the diminished scrub and woodland behind to feed her cubs.
 


When she notices me it's a staring match, but she's safe from me too because I'm behind a fence.  Her cubs are trapped in a very small thicket.  They'll have to find their way out soon and decide which side of the Woodside Link they want to live because wooden fences will be put up along the road.  I would be pleased to hear reports of readers' sightings.

2 comments:

  1. Sally I saw 2 of them last Saturday, they watched me also, they were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete